Monday, September 13, 2010

Why blog about being a female Aspie?

This entire blog is based on an assumption.  I'm assuming that there aren't many blogs out there about the experiences of being a girl diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

Google searches have backed up this assumption - there is Penelope Trunk of Brazen Careerist who blogs about business, life and being an Aspie, and there is aspieprincess of The Aspie Life who blogs for Psychology Today.  Others have come and gone and their blogs are now dead.

I'm assuming that no one else in the world will have exactly the same view on things as I do and that you'll be interested in what I have to say and enjoy my writing style.  I sure enjoy it, but that's probably because it comes naturally to me and usually sounds pretty good in my head.

So why blog about being a female with Asperger's Syndrome?  Because it's an unusual condition with a lot of challenges, frustrations and fun, and I want to share my experiences in hopes that someone might find them interesting, amusing or helpful.  I want to remind other girls with AS and parents with daughters on the Autistic Spectrum that they're not alone and there really is someone else out there who is just as obsessed and wild and affected as they are.

Two feet first, here goes nothing.


Full Disclosure: I'm writing this blog for my Introduction to Multimedia class at college.  We're required to write 3 time a week for 15 weeks.  If this is successful, I might continue on after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment