Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Night Owl

It's midnight and I should be in bed.  I have class tomorrow at 9:40am and know that I'm going to suffer if I don't get sleep soon.  However, I'm heavily engrossed in cleaning the bathroom - wiping down the sink, cleaning the toilet, spraying the shower, all those kinds of things.

I always remember to stop what I'm doing at a good time and go get ready for bed.  I'll get off of the computer at 11 and go put my pajamas on, brush my teeth, comb my hair, but then something will catch my interest, like folding clothing or, as with tonight, cleaning the bathroom.  All the little tasks I forget or neglect during the day seem totally doable, one last thing before I go to bed.  A minute chore suddenly has turned into an hour and I'm cursing myself out for it because I know I won't get enough sleep now.

Most Aspies I've spoken to admit to innsomnia and other sleeping issues.  Once I'm in bed, I'll sleep, but until I actually lay down and roll over, my mind is constantly searching for some little thing I didn't do yet, something to clean or organize.

Does anyone else have this issue?  How have you dealt with it, what kinds of methods keep you from staying up all night cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment